Network Engineering, Design, News, Reviews and the occasional opinion
StubArea51.NET is the official technical and network engineering blog of IP ArchiTechs Managed Services – www.iparchitechs.com.
StubArea51 derives its name from a mix of two different elements:
- Area 51 (or more properly Area 0.0.0.51) – Area 51 is the name given to the development lab at the IP ArchiTechs office in Flowood, Mississippi
- A Stub Area in OSPF is one that does not allow external routes (Type 5 LSAs)
- We thought the two put together made for a decent network geek blog title
StubArea51.NET will focus heavily on MikroTik and RouterOS as much of our day to day consulting involves MikroTik design and integration. We do however deal with a number of other vendors and will have a variety of posts centered around networking and related technologies.
Stay tuned for a wide range of topics including:
- Full Global BGP Table in a MikroTik VM using GNS3
- Using MikroTik in the Enterprise
- IPv6 transition using load balancers
- CCR 1072 performance review series
- Using MikroTik as a Traffic Shaper/Policer for L3 switches
- Whitebox networking
- SD WAN
- BGP in the Data Center and Enterprise.
- And more!